Import Zendesk data
You need to connect your Keatext and Zendesk accounts before you can import data. This can only be done by someone with administrative privileges on both Keatext and Zendesk. See Install the Zendesk connector for instructions.
Create your project
- In the navigation bar, click Projects.
- In the top left corner of the grid, click Create new project.
- Give your project a name and (optionally) a description.
- Select Create new dataset.
- Give your dataset a name and (optionally) a description.
- Under Data source, select Connect to Zendesk.
Zendesk limits the number of tickets we can import per minute. If your Zendesk account contains a lot of tickets, importing them could take a while. To speed things up, Keatext gives you two options:
Import only ticket descriptions
When someone creates a ticket, the description is posted as the first comment. If you're not interested in other comments, you can choose to only import ticket descriptions.
- Select Ticket descriptions only.
Import ticket descriptions and comments
Importing tickets descriptions and comments is a little trickier. It requires you to export your Zendesk data to an XML file and then upload that file to Keatext. This is only possible if you have a Professional or Enterprise plan with Zendesk.
Before you proceed, read Exporting data to a CSV or XML file on the Zendesk Support site and follow the instructions. Make you sure you export your data as an XML file, not a CSV file. Afterwards, uncompress the resulting compressed folder and:
- Select Ticket descriptions and comments.
- Click Choose file, find the file tickets.xml and click Open.
Keatext will need a few minutes to process your data. Feel free to sit back and wait :-)