Import Salesforce data
You need to connect your Keatext and Salesforce accounts before you can import data. This can only be done by someone with administrative privileges on both Keatext and Salesforce. See Configure the Salesforce connector.
Create your project
- In the navigation bar, click Projects.
- In the top left corner of the grid, click Create new project.
- Give your project a name and (optionally) a description.
- Select Create new dataset.
- Give your dataset a name and (optionally) a description.
- Under Data source, select Connect to Salesforce.
- Under Salesforce object, select an object.
What’s a Salesforce object?
A Salesforce object (for example,
Account) has different fields (
Account Number, etc.). Sometimes objects are connected through a field. For example, a
Comment object could have a
Customer ID field that points to a specific
All that's left is deciding which fields need to be analyzed and which fields should be available as filters.
Check or uncheck fields under the Analyze and Filter columns as you please, but keep in mind that you need to analyze at least one field and that fields cannot be analyzed unless they contain text (the data type is String). Fields left unchecked under both columns will be excluded from your dataset.
Once you're happy with the configuration, clickand give yourself a pat on the back :-)